When tendering and purchasing, governments seek Socio-Economic Advancement™ for their constituents. These “asks” may not always be formal or visible. They apply at all levels: national, state or province, and municipal.
Smart companies incorporate this expectation or requirement into their business development, market entry strategies and government bids. Recent contract awards in several sectors prove this: resource extraction, construction, energy, telecommunications, transportation and defence.
Constructive Edge is the practical process that enables companies bidding on government contracts to deliver Socio-Economic Advantage™ in a way that creates an edge over their competition, important in an era where product and service offerings are being increasingly commoditized.
Companies benefit in several ways:
- Land more business. Worldwide, the trend in winning government bids shows the need to include Socio-Economic Advancement™.
- Improve cash flow velocity. A bid that “ticks all the boxes” will be approved faster.
- Improve PR and CSR. Many companies are already “doing good” but need to communicate this better.
A company’s extended network of subsidiaries, suppliers, sub-contractors and other stakeholders – what we call its “SEAcosystem™” – can be viewed as one key asset in creating your Socio-Economic Advantage™. By simply ensuring – and showing – that employers in the buying jurisdiction are part of your supply chain, you can be a proactive bidder. Partnering with NGO’s or philanthropists who are active in the region can also extend your SEAcosystem™.
Companies have an array of choices to access Constructive Edge’s expertise:
- A two-hour executive briefing at your office
- A one-day management seminar, at your office or off-site
- A two-day intensive course, at your office or off-site
- Training for your global sales department
- Participation as part of bid and proposal teams
- Temporary executive placement at your office
Constructive Edge is a unit of C&I Projects Inc., a global Offset & Countertrade consultancy with 25 years of experience.
Our clients include several of the world’s largest multinationals.
Canada: Tim Runge +1 519 763 6181
Canada: Gray Hammond +1 416 970 7738
Australia: Malcolm Taylor +61 (0) 3 9783 7303